Charming Vietnam, Cambodia and
Mekong River Cruise 14 Days
$6899 $4099 W/Air
Code: NHFMK13 Promotion 40%Off
Hanoi - Saigon - Cu Chi - Mekong - Cai Be - Sa Dec - Tan Chau - Phnom Penh - Koh Chong - Kampong Tralach - Tonle Sap - Siem Reap
· Immerse yourself in enchanting cultures and ancient traditions as you embark on an splendid journey through Vietnam and Cambodia. Start your cruise on the Mekong River from Saigon, visit a lively local market, a sampan builder, and a local establishment to see how rice wine and candy are made. In Phnom Penh, take a tour of the city by private cyclo, with visits to the National Museum and the Royal Palace with the stunning Silver Pagoda. Walking tours through the rural villages of Prek Bang Kong and Angkor Ban and an ox cart ride through the countryside at Kampong Tralach will grant you a memorable inside look at life along the river and interactions with the local people. You'll witness, scenes of incredible beauty will delight the eye, from dazzling religious sites like the richly-detailed Angkor Wat to timeless glimpses of everyday life along the Mekong River.
Day 1 - Canada Departure
Board your flight to Saigon.
Day 2 - Saigon Arrival(D)
Welcome to Ho Chi Minh City - formerly
known as Saigon,
Upon your arrival, your tour guide and driver will welcome you at the airport then escort you to hotel and tour briefing. If time permits, we take an orientation tour around the very centre of Saigon to acclimatize ourselves. This evening, we sample Vietnamese cuisine for Welcome Dinner, an interesting introduction of Vietnam.
Day 3 - Saigon – Cu Chi Tunnel (B, L)
This morning enjoy a city tour including Re-unification, Notre Dame Cathedral, City Hall, Central Post Office, and Ben Thanh Market.
Optional Tour – Cu Chi Tunnel: Afternoon, travel 70km northwest of Saigon to the town of Cu Chi and explore the Cu Chi Tunnels, one of the most famous battlegrounds of the Vietnam War. The secret tunnel system is 200 km long deep inside the earth, and was used for hiding in during combat, also serving as communication and supply routes during the Vietnam War. Back to Saigon and check in hotel.
Day 4 - Saigon – My Tho in Mekong Delta – Embarkation (B, L, D)
Meet at the Sofitel Plaza hotel in Saigon at 9 am for the transfer arrangement to My Tho, located 70 kilometers away. The transfer includes a stop at the Cholon Market and visit to a lacquer factory. Arrival in My Tho and welcome on board the RV MEKONG PRESTIGE. Lunch on board. Departure in the afternoon. Welcome Dinner on board & traditional Music Show tonight.
Day 5 - Cai Be – Sa Dec (B, L, D)
Arrival at Cai Be in the morning. After breakfast we take a morning junk trip around Cai Be to visit a floating market and go ashore to see the French Gothic Cathedral. Take a stroll along the river bank and visit a local manufacturer producing rice payer and coconut sweets. Return to the ship for lunch. Cruise past Vinh Long Province to arrive at Sa Dec for an afternoon walk. The French writer Marguerite Duras spent parts of her childhood in Sa Dec, a sprawling busy town on the Mekong Delta. Both the school where Duras’ mother taught and the small house behind it where the family lived still stand. We see the house of Marguerite’s Chinese Lover. The house is a small museum of « The Lover » in Sadec. Visit to a Caodaist Temple and stroll through the colourful local market. Night navigation through the Delta.
Day 6 - Tan Chau – Border Crossing (B, L, D)
Arrival at Tan Chau in the morning, a remote town on the main Mekong River. After breakfast, transfer on small boats to visit a fishing farm. We go ashore to visit a local workshop producing woven mats, and take a short walk in the village to visit a silk weaving workshop. A rickshaw ride round this fascinating town takes you back to the pier for lunch. Depart for the Cambodian border. Evening cruise up the broad Mekong River to Phnom Penh.
Day 7: Phnom Penh (B, L, D)
Arrival in Phnom Penh in the morning. The capital city of Cambodia still retains its old French colonial architecture in riverside streets. Visit the Royal Palace and the Silver Pagoda. The National Museum is another highlight, with outstanding displays of Khmer crafts. Lunch on board. Afternoon excursion to the former High School « S21 », converted to a detention centre under the Red Khmer’s rule between 1975 and 1979, followed by a visit to Wat Phnom after which the city was named. Dinner on board. Traditional Khmer Apsara Dancing Show on board.
Day 8: Koh Chong – Phnom Penh (B, L, D)
Early morning sailing from Phnom Penh to Koh Chong. Visit this silk weaving village for a morning walk at leisure and a visit to the local workshop. The excursion also includes a visit to a Pagoda and a meeting in a primary school to chat with pupils. Lunch on board. We cruise past the Mekong’s timeless villages and river life with extensive fishing activities. Return to Phnom Penh and afternoon at leisure. Dinner on board.
Day 9: Oudong – Kampong Tralach (B, L, D)
Morning journey upriver heading towards Oudong. Lunch on board. Arrival at Oudong in the early afternoon, 40 kilometers from Phnom Penh. Between 1618 and 1866, Oudong was the capital city of Cambodia. Erected on a hilltop this place houses numerous Stupas dating of the last Khmer Kings. We see the Vipassana Dhura Pagoda, a place of meditation for Buddhist Monks. After the visit buses depart for Kampong Tralach to visit the very charming Vihara of the Wat Kampong Leu Pagoda dating back to the last century to see the beautiful wall paintings. Return to the ship by ox-drawn carriage. Dinner on board.
Day 10: Kampong Chhnang (B, L, D)
Morning sailing on the Tonle Sap River, which connects the Mekong River to the Tonle Lake. Arrive at Kampong Chhnang, located approximately 90 km from Phnom Penh. This is a busy rural port town with bustling markets. Then board local boats to visit the authentic floating village. The life of the entire population is connected to the river with local people using the canal system which criss-cross this little town. We go ashore to stroll through the scenic market. Lunch & Dinner on board.
Day 11: Tonle Sap – Siem Reap – Disembarkation (B, D)
We cross the lake early in the morning* (Please note that when there is low water, the transfer to Siem Reap will be made by coach or speed boat). The great lake dominates Cambodia and is over 150 km in length, with interesting and varied bird life resulting from the varied the water levels in the lake and river depending on the time of year and rainfall. Disembarkation after breakfast and transfer to hotel in Siem Reap.
Afternoon, free at leisure. Enjoy dinner at restaurant with Apsara Dance Performance.
*Important notice: it may not be possible to cross Lake Tonle if the water is low. Alternative arrangements will be made to cross the lake either by speed boat or bus to meet the pier. Passengers will be informed of details before departure.
The cruise schedule and program timing are indicative and subject to modification.
Day 12: Siem Reap – Angkor Temples (B, L)
Breakfast at hotel. Free day at leisure for your own activities.
Or take the optional tour:
Begin with Angkor Thom’s imposing South Gate, topped with the four serenely smiling faces of Avalokiteshvara. Next, visit Bayon temple, the Elephant Terrace and the Terrace of the Leper King. Then visit the jungle-entwined temple, Ta Prohm.
In the afternoon, visit the magnificent Angkor Wat - the largest Khmer temple and finest example of Angkorian art and architecture. Enjoy sunset at Angkor Wat Temple before return hotel.
Day 13: Siem Reap (B)
Enjoy the morning at your own leisure before you are transferred to airport for your homebound flight.
• Prices are per person based on twin share accommodation in main deck
• Airport taxes are all included
• Departing Vancouver or Toronto with China Eastern Airline
• Add on airfare from other cities: Calgary, Edmonton, Victoria $300 Saskatoon, Regina, Winnipeg $400 Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City $300
|Departure Dates||Price (double occupancy)CAD P,P
International flight included
|Return Date||Land Only||Package Price|
• A CAD$300/person non-refundable deposit at time of booking
• A CAD$1200/person air-ticket fee at 6 months prior to the departure
• Balance due 3 months prior to the departure
• 4 star accommodation with daily breakfast
• Round trip international economy airfare (package price) and airport taxes
• 7 nights on the deluxe R/V Mekong Prestige cruise with port taxes
• Ground transportation by private, air-conditional vehicle
• Regional English speaking guides
• Sightseeing with admission fees
• All excursions and entrance fees with English speaking guide as per included excursions in the itinerary
• Meals as indicated in the itinerary
• Drinks on board Mekong Prestige: Mineral Water, non-alcoholic beverages, local beers (all day long) and local wine during meals
Price Does Not Include
• Gratuities ($10 USD/day/person)
• Vietnamese and Cambodian Visa fee
• Travel Insurance
• Personal expenditure such as laundry services and telephone calls, etc.
VietnamMekong Prestige II 4*
Built in November 2013, a state-of-the art brand new ship
Large, comfortable cabins with a min. size of 22m (236 Sq. Ft)
and private balconies
3 Decks: Main, Upper & Sun
An intimate ship with a maximum capacity of 64 passengers
All local drinks included during the cruise at all times
All excursions with English speaking guides.
Built in November 2013
Length / Width: 68 M / 13 M /
Beam Draft: 1.6 m / 1,6 m
Gross tonnage: 700 tons
Cruising speed: 10 nautical knots
Crews : 30
Capacity / Cabins: 64 passengers / cabins 32 (three categories)
Water Reverse: osmosis and UV water treatment plant, sewage treatment plant.
Boat Safety: Radio Comm., Radar, GPS, PA system, life jackets, life rafts, fire hydrants, flares and signals, fire extinguishers, smoke detectors in each cabin, CO2 engine room fire fighting system. See more:
VietnamHoian Silk Village Resort
Hoi An Silk Village Resort & Spa is situated in the beautiful World Heritage Site - Hoi An, the heart of the tropical centre in Vietnam where you could discover the charming culture of Silk Villageand the attractive tropical garden here, enjoy the sunshine on the beach and walking around Hoi An ancient town at night to see the old houses hundreds of year ago and floating lantern on Hoai river, a special highlight in Hoi An.From the moment you arriveHoi An Silk Village Resort & Spaand entering the spacious garden you will be surprised and impressed by a fresh and green atmosphere surroundedHoi An Silk Village Resort & Spaand a warm welcome by friendly staff.
VietnamSaigon Halong Hotel
Belong to Saigontourist Holding Company, Sai Gon Ha Long hotel is one of the leading 4-star hotels in Ha Long city. Located in the heart of Bai Chay tourist centre – avery convenient venue for leisure activities and visiting legendary Ha Long Bay, Sai Gon Ha Long hotel is a complex of 14- storey building and 5 private villas, tennis court, outdoor swimming pool and lush green pine hill.
VietnamGolden Lotus Luxury Hotel
For many years the Golden Lotus Hotels groups has succeeded in offering outstanding value and comfort in the completive Hanoi mild range hotel market.
- Weather: During your travel time, It will be cool in North & Central Vietnam (25-30 degree C), and a bit hot in South Vietnam & Cambodia (30-35 degree C), so we highly suggest layering. Please bring sun glasses, hat, sandals, shoes sport...with you. Shorts, t-shirts are also recommended.
- Credit cards: Visa card/Master card are very common. They are accepted in major hotels, shops, banks & elsewhere.
- Currency: You can withdraw cash from ATM machines. ATM's are widely used in all cities.
The U.S. dollar is accepted everywhere . The exchange rate: 1 USD ~ 21,000.00 VND (Vietnamese dong), 1 USD ~ 4000 Riel (Cambodian currency). In Cambodia, US dollars is widely used , you don’t need to exchange USD to Riel. In Vietnam, you should exchange US dollars to Vietnamese dong at the banks for more propitious payment at local shops, local restaurants ...
- Clothing: Appropriate attire when visiting temples/pagodas in Vietnam & Cambodia is long pants (covering the knee) and Shirt or blouse covering your shoulder. Skirts, small shorts, tank tops, and other items of revealing clothing are not allowed within temple grounds (Angkor Temples). Visitors can and are frequently turned away from temples when wearing revealing clothing.
- Medical services: Services is available 24/24 hours. Vaccination is not required. Bring some insect repellent as you are traveling in a tropical area and bring medicine for your stomach in case food doesn’t agree or to treat diarrhea.
- Internet: Widely available in hotels, restaurants/café shops and be free of charge for WIFI or cable.
- Electronics: If you have a 3 program plug you will need to bring an adapter to change to 2 prongs (flat and round). Make sure your electronics can take 220 volts .
- Documentation: At least 6 month validity from the travel date of departure on your passport. Make sure all necessary documents related to your trip are ready in hand, especially Visa to your destination.
- Shopping: Vietnam is a shopper’s paradise. Wood products are better purchased in the south, ceramics in the north. Silk in Vietnam is of some of the highest quality in the world.
- Warning: Pick – pocket is rather bad at markets, night markets or on the streets in the big cities such as Siem Reap, Phnom Penh, Saigon, Hanoi. So please keep your hand bag, camera, valuable belongings carefully. Please keep your bag in front.